Sunday, March 04, 2012

where's that boy?

I was browsing recent posts here and noticed there's a whole lotta little girl and not so much of the boy. Where is that boy? Well between his full homeschool calendar of outings he can be found most days right here...

... and most evenings here...

...and most nights right here...
See a trend? The weather has been lovely, but not quite frolic ALL day in the sand and mud lovely. So here he is. Once in a while he'll lift his gaze from the text and say something like, "Mommy, I think I wish I could  spend half the year in Narnia and the other half at the Little House in the Big Woods." And then he's gone again.

9 comments:

Natasha said...

You could put yours and mine in the library and not see them for weeks...

Cassie said...

One memory I have that just fills me with warmth, one that carries on through my whole childhood is the love of reading. Thank goodness for children who carry that flame!

Amanda said...

I love this. I cannot wait for Gabrielle to be there. Yet I can. Cuz I like reading her the books, letting her turn the page, and watching her kiss the hungry caterpillar in every one of his stages. Ahh kids. Thanks for sharing.

Happiness is... said...

Amazing. Awesome.

The Ceol Mors said...

Zach, I want to spend time in Narnia as well!

Joy said...

His furrowed brow looks so intent in his reading. :)

beyond diapers said...

Lucky boy! This is the kind of post that makes me want to take the leap and home school.

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Books rank as my lifelong-est friend. He's blessed to have you teach him that with a book we are never truly alone.

SavvyChristine said...

I'm with Zach on spending a half year at the Little House in the Big Woods! The other half for me is, of course, at Hogwarts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...