Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Twinkle, twinkle...




Last night Zach woke up in the middle of the night and stood on my belly to open the hatch. He let the cold air whoosh in and popped his head out in to the night.

"Zach what are you doing?!?!?" I mumbled in an antibiotic induced haze (I have pneumonia).

"I'm trying to find the North Star. Where's the North Star mommy?"

"North" I said with my eyes sealed shut hoping this would be the end of the conversation.

"Where north? I can't see it! I need to find it mommy!"

"Honey why do you need to find the north star."

"Sailors use the north star, and I'm a sailor. The north star is like a compass to sailors. It's how we know where we're going."

"oh."

Then I fell back asleep. I assume he found it because when I woke up later the hatch was closed and he was sleeping. Sideways. With his head pointing north.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...