Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Glue You

Three preteen girls and a bouncing 5 year old boy all crowded inside our boat on a rainy day. So I get out the glue. Lots and lots of Modge Podge specifically. And I shred some old newspapers. And I decide to look the other way as the glue works its way from hair to toenails and all around the salon.

It's the paper bowl project from A Handmade Home. And I am happy to report it was a success for ages 5 to 13. The girls were gluing and gabbing and giggling the afternoon away. (Have I mentioned how much I adore our boat neighbor girls? They are fabulous!) And here's how they turned out... this one is from the 9 year old.


And this one is Zach's... (already filled with leaves)


Gluing was fun, tearing up newspaper was fun, choosing colors of tissue paper for the outer layer fun... but nothing beats the bizarre zen of peeling glue from your fingers and hands.

p.s. Check out another fabulous giveaway over at Gardenmama.  With the holidays coming up, you won't want to miss this one!

6 comments:

Joy said...

That looks like alot of fun! We'll have to try that on our next rainy day.

Simple Mama said...

Love it! I think we're a bit too young yet for this project - but I'm filing it away for future reference.

Behan said...

this is a fantastic craft idea! not sure we can get modge podge in mexico but think I can come up with alternatives. thanks for the inspiration!

Lily Boot said...

it is fun isn't it! I have been mod podging the sides of an old gentleman's wardobe and the best bit is definitely rubbing all the glue off my fingers - creepy! The pink and green bowl is so very pretty - it looks like a beautiful berry. And the leaf bowl is lovely too - I haven't tried this activity - perhaps this weekend.

gardenmama said...

It looks like you enjoyed another lovely day! What a great project, the bowls came out really nice!

boatbaby said...

behan -- all you need is glue watered down and a bowl you don't care about to wrap around. Or you can take a regular bowl and protect it with some foil. Have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...