Saturday, September 04, 2010

storm protection

One sly person picked up and commented on the reference that Zach was - ahem - created during our last big hurricane back in 2003. My boy knows he is a "hurricane baby", but isn't quite sure yet what that means. He tells tales about how he slid into my body on the back of a "storm dragon" from a "swirling, whirling cloud".  So it was an curious thing when he was about 4 years old that I discovered his hurricane mark. Just offset from his little birthmark on his brown back, there is that little boy peach fuzz that mamas of boys can't get enough of. But his fuzz on his back is formed in a swirling whirling hurricane shape. 
He says this is his special hurricane mark from when he chose me as his mama. And he claims it protects us from storms. As Earl hurtled as a category 4 storm towards our coast, I wasn't so sure. But then he simmered to small, slow storm and missed us altogether, and Zach smiled triumphantly that his mark worked its magic.
Maybe... though living on a boat we'll never be lax about storm prep... but just maybe...

9 comments:

Susan said...

My dad was a sailor and one of the things he taught us was to check the weather before going out. Your children learn valuable lessons in this preparation, not just related to sailing:)

Stay well, xoxo

momma rae said...

fabulous photos of that special hurricane mark!

gardenmama said...

I love the stories that you share Cindy, this one is perfect! xo

Babbette Saucier said...

He is so creative! I love the story about him "choosing" you. It's so sweet!

Joy said...

That's great, Cindy! I'm glad you all stayed safe. Those are great shots of Zach's hurricane mark. :)

Anonymous said...

Zach, I think you should come and live on my boat and protect me from the nasty hurricanes!

I love this post and always look forward to your updates, keep up the good work

erin said...

I love this story! What a beautiful imagination. :-)

mb said...

he chose well- you're an awesome mama! ;)

Little Lovables said...

wow, what an incredible kid, love that story!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...