Monday, January 03, 2011

nose to the grindstone

The mama has been spending every spare minute trying to meet her deadlines. Sometimes this means working with a baby in the sling between me and the laptop. Often times this means typing my script with one hand while holding the nursing baby with the other. And many times it also means working ten minutes here and 40 minutes there and 1:30am as much as 11:30am or 3pm.
Thankfully the boy has become totally absorbed in his work these days too... the work of getting to know the new neighbor kids (three, yes THREE little boys just moved to the marina. Nirvana!) The work of listening to his new audiobooks over and over and over again. And the work or breaking in fresh art supplies.
We'll all be coming up for air soon.

7 comments:

Pea said...

Just sailed over, (ahem!) from liveboarddreams site and am rather pleased to see you had taken the plunge (eeek! Unintentional bad pun!)some time ago re: living on a boat. Wonderful. I look forward to reading your adventures.

The Ceol Mors said...

Hope you hit your deadline and YAY for new kids in the marina for Zach!!

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you Cindy- midnight is my magical hour sometimes! Glad to see you are feeling better and the happiest of New Years to all of you!

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you Cindy- midnight is my magical hour sometimes! Glad to see you are feeling better and the happiest of New Years to all of you!

Anna said...

Good luck meeting your deadline! And yeah, for new friends and new art supplies!!!

Serena said...

Just went back to work today. Will be spending some time myself nursing and holding O in front of the laptop... when I'm not in the office (sigh). Good luck meeting your deadlines.

Diane Carter said...

I know the feeling. Estela loves to hang out with me when I am WebEx-ing to a national meeting. I am getting good at hitting the mute button when she starts to imitate our discussion in baby talk with perfect inflection "bleh, blah, la loo, yum". Quick unmute when I have to answer a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...