Monday, April 22, 2013

just dandy

We're still here. Still prepping for our big vacation. How did it become so difficult to pack? When did it become so insanely impossible to pack lite? And why won't my brain remember anything anymore?
I have lists, and then other lists, and then little emails to myself, and I still feel like I am not near ready.  The upside is, I have the sort of personality where I am totally ok with not being ready. I love flying by the seat of  my pants. It doesn't bother me in the end game. But I know I will end up with at least one face-palm for something obvious I forgot to pack.

I am having a hard time concentrating on lists and laundry when spring is springing so sweetly all around us. Of course it's still COLD here, but the sun is shining and the flowers are blooming. We skipped out on seeing the cherry blossoms in town this year. Well, we skip out most years. I am a little jaded about those things. Crowds and parking headaches and well, the Tidal Basin is not the only place around to see them. And there are so many more other flowers around to delight in, ones that kids are allowed to touch (no touchies on those cherry blossoms, the park police will be on you in a nanosecond!) My girl who loves all things yellow and who loves flowers is in heaven right now with all of the weeds, ahem, I mean dandelions out around here.



We collected so many and made crowns and had all kinds of intentions of frying some up or making cookies or doing something fabulous I saw on Pinterest, but it never happened. The joy was strictly in the picking and that was enough to make everyone happy.





I will try to check in one more time before we take off. And I have no idea what our wifi or computer access will be out yonder. But I will try to post a photo or blurb here or there if possible. If not, please excuse the quiet and know we are having a wonderful adventure and will update all the details once we're back home again.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...