Our salon windows started leaking in the fall, but we never got the weather we needed to remove them and re-bed. So we put it off knowing we'd be covered in plastic all winter. Now that the plastic is off it's time. The first 3 sunny days in a row we jumped on the chance. This is a simple but very labor intensive project.
Use chemical goo to un-glue window... then carefully... CAREFULLY (it's heavy glass) remove window without breaking, cracking, or chipping it in ANY way. Set is aside. Then clean residue from everything, and put a new, superior chemical goo in and set the window carefully... CAREFULLY into place. Allow to set and dry, and then hold your breath until the next rain.
The goo that is supposed to help remove the windows didn't work as well as we hoped, so rather than getting all 6 re-bedded this weekend, we did one. There are 7 all together, but we did one a couple of years ago. We're hoping that next weekend will be dry and we can knock out a couple of more.
Then it's on to the next thing. And the next. And so on.