Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Just like that...

It's like someone flipped a switch. Less than a week ago we were at a friend's birthday gathering freezing our keesters off. And today it was tank tops and bare feet. Zach keeps telling me how he feels like he's really alive now. I get what you mean my sweet boy.

Our bubble that has kept the wind from chilling us and the rain from soaking our cockpit all winter and spring is just a big, hot greenhouse once the weather is nice. So, it was time.






We planted some seeds in hopes of another attempt, and I stress attempt, at a dockside container garden this year. Naia is an enthusiastic gardener like her brother, but sometimes she tends to love the plants to death joyously plucking off every leaf, sprout, or bud and tossing dirt into the air like confetti. Hooray for gardening!


We got a little bad news this week as we found out we can not hatch chicks this month. It's a long story, but the short of it is that the timing was just off because of our upcoming trip. We may have a chance again in May, but we're not sure. Despite that news, we had loads of fun on the farm this week learning all about the importance of poop.  As you can see from the look on Zach's face, he just loved getting to clean up poop all over the farm (cough cough).



But a hayride in the sunshine made up for everything.




3 comments:

mirari said...

I adore your way of life! It's the dream of my husband, to live in a boat...

Alt-Mama said...

Our gardening attempts usually don't survive us, either (and I can't blame the kiddo-- I have a long history of killing plants rather quickly, as much as I so want to have a green thumb). But it's still fun to try, year after year!

Love the images of the kids decorating, and dismantling, the cockpit tarp. What a fun and definitive way to welcome spring. :-)

Bethany said...

Enjoy the nice weather. I have the day off of work today--due to yet another ice storm! In April!!! I think it is a sign that we definitely need to make this our last Michigan winter...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...