Wednesday, March 09, 2011

big day

Big excitement -- getting to spend an afternoon with his Tio (that's uncle to you gringos, he's my big brother).
(Tio jetted into town between meetings. Zach hasn't seen him in about a year and a half. You never saw a boy run so fast or jump so high into somebody's arms!)

(Tio taking a phone pis to send to Cousin Katie back home in Chicago. Zach is just a LITTLE excited, can you tell?)

(Boy bonding time... throwing stones into the water.)

Big dreams coming true -- Zach has wanted to take a fencing class since he was 4. Now he's finally old enough (well almost, we're fudging it a little). He was so serious about it, trying so hard. I wanted to snap a hundred photos, but I didn't want him to feel weird, so I controlled the shutter finger and kept my distance.
And Tio got a chance to get to know Naia...
(So little and SO big. Have I mentioned that my brother is 6'5" and I am 5'2". Yeah, so not fair.)

Big party time -- well big if you're a 6 year old. Some funny masks, some Zydeco music, and some ice cream. Laissez les bon temps rouler!
Now this mama needs some sleep. But really, what are the chances of that?

5 comments:

Joy said...

How exciting! It looks like they enjoyed Tio immensely. :)

The Ceol Mors said...

I love the fact that Z's little body is absolutely exploding with joy! :)

embracingitall said...

What lovely family moments. Love the one of Zach jumping! Very cute. Jacinta

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

I did some fencing in high school. It is a truly fantastic sport! Zach is so lucky! It's one of the few organized sports I love to do.

mb said...

gotta love brothers. i have myself two, one of whom is 6'6" lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...