Wednesday, February 29, 2012

little sunny things

End of winter is a tough time for me. Ok, all of winter is tough for me, and actually I just found out why. Apparently I have a severe vitamin D deficiency that explains a lot of things for me this time of year. So now I take my vitamins and try to see the beauty in the little sunny things rather than focus on that vast grey cold landscape...

... like the way Naia likes to try and catch the reflections of sunlight on the water that shimmer through our ports first thing in the morning...

.... like the way the blue winter sky makes the phragmites seem golden...

... like the snack delivery truck that helps throughout the day...

... like the way my boy leaves flowers in empty spice jars throughout the boat...

... like her fly away hair that hasn't changed since she was a wee babe...

... like the way the kids are so into looking at and talking about old photographs we have around the boat...

These are the things that power me through until spring. What about you?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...