Monday, April 05, 2010

Does anyone smell burning flesh?

I was inspired by MamaRoots to try out a new project this weekend. We had some wooden eggs from Casey Wood laying about, just begging to be decoarted for spring. So I bought a small, cheap wood burner (my dear husband is gonna plotz when he finds out how many amps this thing draws). I clumsily etched out designs, and with each awkward attempt managed to singe the tips of my fingers as well. I am surprised the smell of burning flesh didn't startled anyone on board. Hmmmmm. In the end we had a nice collection of eggies waiting to be painted with watercolors.
My painting technique is as primitive as my designs, but we had fun doing it and the kids loved their little eggs (Zach stashed away the ones he painted in his treasure chest before I could take a photo). Check out MamaRoots' tutorial on the process, and her amazing beautiful story eggs! My burned and blistered fingers have a renewed, deeper appreciation for her talents :)

16 comments:

Seven C's said...

Ouch! Hope the burns and blisters are not too bad, They will heal quickly! :)

Beth said...

I love these eggs! Beth

Joy said...

Awww...I think you did a fantastic job, even with singed fingers (ouch!) Finn would riot for the truck egg, I think. Very cute!

AG Ambroult said...

these are GORGEOUS! great idea.

Michele said...

Cool idea, minus the burning flesh.

Nicole Vangen said...

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

oh they turned out so lovely! Gorgeous!! I think most wood burners has a aloe plant growing near by!

eringoodman said...

oooooo...so inspiring! i bought a woodburner a while back but was too intimidated to actually fire the thing up.

you've inspired me to pull it out and see what i can do with it...

onegoldensun said...

Love your eggs! They turned out wonderfully! The sun egg is so cheery. I have a wood burner that I have been looking forward to trying out ~ thanks for inspiring me.

Charlotte said...

Those look great!

FrontierDreams said...

Eeeeek!! Love them!!

Valarie said...

These are fantastic. So colorful and wonderful. We will have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

christine ~ ourdayourjourney said...

poor fingers. awesome eggs. love the idea, we'll have to try some, as well

Titania yng Nghymru said...

so cool! and how creative!

angie said...

I just did the wooden eggs with the kiddos. Such fun, We are new to the woodburning tool and loving it!

mariah said...

These wooden eggs are fantastic! Just last night I was scheming a design and wondering where to get wooden eggs! Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...