Tuesday, May 04, 2010

catch up

This week has been and continues to be a doozy for me. First Zach was sick, like truly sick, with his very first fever (103 for several days) and laryngitis (those of you who know him in person know that for this boy, not being able to talk is pure torture). Then just as he was healing up, we went for a romp in the woods (a boy can only take SO much indoor time, even when he's sick)... daddy decides to show him how to identify poison ivy. Well, they found it all right. The poor boy is a mess now. Itching and blistering like mad (his ear looks like Miggery Sow). And you hear that sound? That's the sound of my deadline whooshing by. Whoops, is it May already? (sorry Molly!). So I am going to lay low a little and try to catch my breath...

5 comments:

Joy said...

Good luck, Cindy! I hope Zach gets rid of the poison ivy soon. Rest and take it slow for a bit!

Lily Boot said...

oh bummer! Laryngitis is the pits - Abby had it last year and she slept for three days straight. As for that poison ivy - dads! There's no more words needed. Miggery Sow is one of those characters who literally bring tears to my eyes. Charming daughter seemed to find the whole thing a little too black humourish and would read me the bit about uncle and the whacking around the ears bit over and over. I would be a quivering mess in moments! What does Zach like reading at the moment - picture books? non-fiction? or chapter books to share with you?

christine ~ ourdayourjourney said...

Oh, poor Z. I hope you all rest up and recuperate.

Your photos are beautiful.

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Sending good, healing, writing vibes your way! Love the pics...beautiful reflections.

Beth said...

Oh, no! Poison ivy is terrible. What misery. I hope it dries out soon. A visit to the doctor, if you don't mind medicine, can help a lot. love, Beth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...