Wednesday, May 26, 2010

WIP - The Salon After

Can't you see how white it is?? I know, there is NO way to tell the difference from a photograph. But take my word for it. It's all shiny and sparkly in here with fresh paint and a thousand coats of varnish.
My favorite part was purging. Oh how I love organizing those little corners that tend to pile up with this and that. It feels soSOso good getting rid of things, tidying up the odds and ends, and finding a way to store what needs to stay. I am weird that way.
So we're down to basically one more room that needs an overhaul - Zach's room. Basically it needs to be painted, new light fixtures, fixing the head (toilet), and generally making it more hospitable... just in case (for the record, he hasn't slept in there again since the other night).
In the mean time, we're feeling all fresh and fancy here, so come on by and have a drink and come for a sail! Oh wait, we don't have our mainsail back from the sail loft yet *sigh*... almost there. Boats are ALWAYS a work in progress.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks great! Feels good to be so organized, doesn't it?!
have a great week
lisa

Beth said...

It must be quite a challenge to keep a boat purged enough to have room for people on it!!! We have been in the same house for 9 years and a lot of stuff has accumulated! It is kind of overwhelming...love, Beth

Lara said...

I want to come visit! I don't suppose you have room for a family of six on board. No, I didn't think so.

How big of a boat do you think we'll need when we're a family of seven?

Joy said...

I think it looks great! I love how you utilize all your space so well without it looking cluttered. I really like that fabric picture in the last photo. So sweet!

lily boot said...

looks lovely Cindy - it looks so fresh and yet cosy and obvious that good living takes place here. I personally love the kinder look :-) And the red is gorgeous. Very inviting - we'll be round soon for that drink and sail :-)

boatbaby said...

Lisa - it sure DOES fel great! Now if I can only get the males in my life to keep it this way...

Beth - Stuff is overwhelming. And I guess I get easily overwhelemed b/c I am constantly looking for ways to get rid of it. One room at a time is the key!

LazyO - There's room here depending how cozy you're willing to be at bedtime ;) Same applies to buying the "right" boat. I've seen all sizes of families on all sizes of boats. You'll know her when you see her.

Hey Joy - I made that little fabric picture with Zach, can you believe it? I made something :)

Lily - your cabin awaits you!

Little Lovables said...

looks wonderful and new! purging is so therapeutic and freeing

Sara said...

We just did another big purge and clean yesterday...it feels GREAT! But I feel like I need to do it DAILY to stay on top of the chaos. Two kids adds even more fun :) Lucy is at the "pull everything out of the cupboards" stage. Messes up an RV real quick.

christine ~ ourdayourjourney said...

that's great you are getting things ready. we had a big clean out to get ready for the little one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...