Wednesday, June 29, 2011

en garde

Ever since he was 4 years old Zach has been begging, and I mean BEGGING to take fencing class. He finally got to start this year and he loves it. I mean LOVES it! There's only one problem... nobody to practice with! Ever the resourceful lad he decided to take matters into his own hands. Of course first I caught this moment and explained that this scenario was NOT going to work, you can't fence with an unarmed opponent.
Well, Naia is now in training. She gets a front row seat to all of the action at fencing class.
And even when she was too little to sit up he was prepping her.
(She is exactly 2 months old in this photo, and yet she knows how to give him "the look".)

So the other day I was brushing my teeth (don't worry, this is going to get somewhere I promise) and Naia was begging for a toothbrush as always. Usually I hand her a second toothbrush and she coos happily and chews on it while watching me brush my teeth. This time I handed her the toothbrush and she smiled mischievously (can an 8 month old smile mischievously, oh yes!) and started fencing my toothbrush. Oh yes, young grasshopper, you  have learned well. The master fancer of the boat was thrilled! I quite frankly was stunned and decided to brush my teeth over the sink. :)

So here she is ladies and gentlemen... the world's youngest fencer.

Oh yes, I am going to have my hands full.

p.s. The fabulous wooden swords in the clip and the shot below come from Friendly Fairies. I can not say enough good things about these folks, they are the best! Search their past items to see all of the varieties they make.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...