Thursday, April 30, 2009

Beggars

Usually it happens around sunset. Zach sounds the call -- "QUACK, quackquackquack! QUACK, quackquackquack!" And they know his voice. And they come. They know. They know that this little boy's voice means food.

Well I guess sunset can seem really far away when you're of the feathered and web feet persuasion. So this morning as I was washing the dishes... THEY came calling for HIM.

Suddenly there was a little head peeping through the hatch. It was like a neighbor child coming for a playdate. Ummm, excuse me, can Zach come out?

He was more than happy to clear off my dish washing work and share his breakfast.


I ask myself, is this who I am buying whole grain, organic cereal for?

3 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

I have been enjoying your blog over the past few weeks. Wonderful photos and lovely glimpse into your fascinating world. Thanks! Lee-Anne

boatbaby said...

Thanks Lee-Anne and welcome aboard!

sunnymama said...

That's so cool! Sunnyboy would love to have ducks calling round to play :)
I left you an award on my blog - no need to pass it on unless you want to but I wanted you to know that I really like your blog!
http://sunnydaytodaymama.blogspot.com/2009/05/awards.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...