Monday, June 22, 2009

Birthday Fairy Tea Party

A magical birthday party at the fairy forest and gardens of Willow Oak.

(I got the beautiful, reusable birthday banner on etsy at Rosie O's Boutique)


Zach, his best friend in the whole world Miss T, Baby Brother T, AuntyJlo, Mama, Daddy, tea, mini sandwiches, and loads of sweets.







This little gem of a place belongs to a local lady who keeps it as a nature preserve/ herb garden/ plant nursery/ and farm. The grounds are inspired by Cicily Mary Barker's classic Flower Fairies series. I remember being completely absorbed in these books as a child myself, and now Z loves them too.




Signs of fairies were everywhere... even in the pouring rain. The kids built fairy houses everywhere.




If you have a fairy loving child in your life, definitely check out the Cicily Mary Barker's Flower Fairy books, they are the most enchanting illustrations and poems that have charmed children for generations. Who can resist an opening line like, "The World is very old".


Having a birthday gathering with one best friend and a forest full of faeries was the perfect way to celebrate this special day.

(Fabulous wooden "fairy" tokens from etsy by the fabulous MamaRoots. This one had a fairy bite in it courtesy of a cheeky dog in our life)


Other Fairy Resources...
Fairy Recipes
Kristin's Fairy House DVD (it's not often you'll find me suggesting a DVD. This one is a gem!)
Fairy Houses book
And more...
Fairy Boat (of course!)

15 comments:

Diane said...

So lovely Cindy! I can't wait to show Maia. she loves those books too.

Jenell said...

What sweetness...!

Kimberly said...

A beautiful, magical way to spend a special day--rain or shine. Faeries merrily dance in the twinkling sunbeams that dapple the forest floor and slide giggling down the leaves with the rain drops. Willow Oaks welcomes them all--even the mud puddle faeries ;-)

Linda said...

I love your fairy post! Your photos are beautiful...

boatbaby said...

Hey Di, we've been thinking a lot about Maia lately. We're excited on her behalf.

Thanks Kim -- if I only knew that rain was an omen - right?
;)

Jenell and Linda - thank you for your kind words!

Anonymous said...

Cindy that party is so fabulous- Zach is a blessed fella to have you as his mama! I love everything about the party- your photos are so wonderful! Those tricky fairies! Thanks so much for having me be a part of such a special day for Zach! I am so glad he loves monsters and fairies like us!

Blessings to you both! I dream of having a space like that someday!

Mama_Amethyst said...

I so wish that we had one of those fairy gardens in our area.

Cam said...

That is an AWESOME way to celebrate a birthday!

Very enchanting! I am so glad that Zach enjoyed his 5th birthday! You only get one of those, ya know!

:)

Teaworthy said...

The sweetest ever.

Lily Boot said...

what a magical birthday party! The little rotunda is so pretty and the candleholder is gorgeous - did you make that? It looks like Zach had a lovely lovely time.

boatbaby said...

Mamaroots - thank you for your kind words and magical creations

MamaAmethyst - isn't is wonderful? We feel very luck to have discovered it via a friend. It's like a fairy speakeasy - all word of mouth :)

Cam - yay for Gemini boys! and the mamas who keep up with them

TAG - thank you!

Lily Boot - I got the birthday spiral (which we also use on winter solstice) on etsy from the seller Dragons and Mermaids.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5018298
While I have LOTS of handmade things around, none are made by my hands. I am always happy to reveal my sources -- 99% from etsy.com

tiffany said...

I am so in love with this post! The gazebo, the setting, the fairies, the whole magical birthday party. Love it.

christine ~ ourdayourjourney said...

What a beautiful location for a memorable birthday party!! You're one terrific mama.

Wren Cottage said...

Hi there :)
I stumbled upon your blog and was totally enchanted by your Fairy Tea Birthday Party! You did an amazing job and the photos were magical! I was wondering and if not too much trouble, can you please tell me where you found the fairies that are hanging? I'm doing a fairy tea party too and would love to have them flying about too :)
Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful event!
With warm regards, Madai

Charlotte said...

love your blog, I just linked to it form my blog to give people an idea of the birthday/celebration ring. Hope that's ok!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...