Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Camping Math

One mama + one kayak + one 40 pound boy + 7.5 gallons of water at 8.34 pounds/ gallon x 3.2 mile paddle to the camping site = 2 sore mama arms

Pack some Advil.


One daddy + one tent + 2 sleeping bags + clothes x 3 people + one small camp stove + food for 3 people x 3 days x 3.2 mile hike to the camping site = one sore daddy back

Pack some more Advil.

One little boy + 2 packs of Jiffy Pop + 2 blankies + one pack of glow sticks + one trusty compass + one heap of excitement about celebrating his upcoming 5th birthday while camping with friends and family = The Ultimate Happy Camper

7 comments:

waldorfmama said...

love this post! there is a way to experience math in just about everything. :) p.s. definitely pack that advil. :)

Tan Family said...

Cute! Sounds like a neat camping/kayaking trip. It's always fun to do math with real life.

Cam said...

I like how all this adds up to one precious little smile! Made it totally worth it, didn't it?

Did you have jelly arms the next day? I always hate the irrefutable proof that I pushed myself too hard, it comes in the form of jelly arms.
A newborn could take me at arm wrestling after some excursions...

Happy Camping, Boat Babies!!

boatbaby said...

Ah, sorry to confuse. We haven't actually gone camping yet. This was sort of a dress rehearsal for the big trip.
I am definitely expecting jelly arms and I am definitely packing the Advil.
I am looking forward to the end of the journey where I can sit on my rear in the sand overlooking the ocean while the kiddos frolic.
I'll write all about it on the flip side.

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Love it...this is my kind of math!

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Meant to add....have a good time!

Anonymous said...

This blog has been very good, I like, although I have never had the same experience as the author, but after seeing this blog, I feel let the Buddha himself, it is magical, happy is to give infected people..
ed hardy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...